Tuesday 1 April 2014

Clean Up Your Mess

Time for a little rant. I was out with a friend yesterday and they wanted to show me a picture from last weekend. She took out her phone and open her photo album. For the next 10 minutes she scrolled through a whole lot of pictures I couldn't care less about. By the time she got to the picture she wanted me to see I forgot why. She then realized the thing she wanted to show me was cut off and blurry.

This isn't the first time and not the only person I have sat with waiting for the magic reveal. Now that taking picture is so easy, everyone has a ridiculous number of pics. There is no end to the number of images everyone has squirrelled away on their phone or in a web photo album. We keep every single picture we ever take even when the picture shows nothing. Why so many accidental pictures of the floor or the inside of your purse?

First, purge people! Just because you can take bunches of picture doesn't mean you need to keep them. Snap away, it's half the fun. When you are done with the fun, do some clean up. You don't need 37 shots of your dog and its chew toy. One is good. Pick the best one and get ride of the rest.

Second, organize! Put the pic into photo galleries. Figure out the things you want to take pictures of and keep. Then do a little organization. Put the worth keeping ones into the right place so you can find quickly. Then you won't be swiping away at your phone while I stop being interested. Done rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment